Tripollar Radiofrequency Technology
What is Radiofrequency Technology ?
Radiofrequency Technology devices have a hand-piece with electrodes which emits electromagnetic radiation which causes deep tissue heating much like a microwave does. The Tripollar machine has a small hand-piece for use on the face, and a larger hand-piece for use on the body. The device emits radio-waves which dissipate into the superficial dermal tissues. As the waves are absorbed by the tissues heat is created. This heat causes several tissue changes to occur :
- The heat causes dilation of deep vessels which encourages tissue healing
- The radio-waves causes alignment of dermal collagen fibrils which results in skin tightening
- The heat also causes lipolysis and breakdown of fat cells. As such, it is possible to undertake targeted fat reduction
What is this technology used for ?
- Skin tightening – reverse the signs of stretched aged skin, and stretched skin after pregnancy
- Targetted fat reduction to reduce body fat, such as after pregnancy, and as part of a weight loss programme
- Reduce cellulite by the lipolysis (breakdown of fat cells) effect of radio-frequency waves